I'm Gracie. It's very nice to meet you!
I'm an illustrator, coffee-lover, child-at-heart. When I was two, I believed I was Peter Pan. I grew up reading all sorts of adventure and fantasy stories, never really grew out of them, and believe that's actually a really good thing.
I'm all about how stories and beauty (or a lack thereof) shape us, especially as children. The art and products I create are my small way of noticing the stories that have made us who we are, celebrating the beauty and wonder in life, and taking hope and joy in seeing the world a little more like a child.
- Graduated from Huntington University with a Bachelor of Science in Animation
- Live in San Antonio, Texas
- Taught Grammar School Art for a year and wrote my own curriculum
- Have the work ethic of Hermione Granger
- Am an introvert, but can't help regularly recommending picture books to complete strangers at bookstores
- Q. Do you take commissions/do custom work? A. Yes, I do! I love partnering with others to bring a new story to life through illustration. Some of my favorite projects have been custom family portraits, for example. To see if I'm currently available for commissions and learn more about what that looks like, check out my Work with Me page.
- Q. Do you sell prints of all your work? A. I have quite a few of my pieces available over here in my shop. If you see something on my site or that I've shared on social media that isn't there, feel free to Contact Me about it to see if it can be made available for purchase!
- Q. I have an idea (or manuscript) for a children's book. Will you illustrate it for me? A. If you're planning on traditional publishing, the short answer, unfortunately, is no. As much as I love the idea, that's just not how things tend to work--publishers are experts at matching up manuscripts with illustrators, and they like to handle that side of things themselves. If you're planning on self publishing, have a plan and a budget set up for the illustrating side of things, I'd be happy to hear about it and discuss how we might be able to work together!
- Q. I heard about a list of picture books you've curated--where can I find this? A. I love good picture books, and love sharing them with you even more! You can get access to this list my becoming a subscriber to my newsletter. In addition to getting a weekly email with news and behind the scenes info, you'll get a password to my Subscriber Library, where I keep the ever-growing book list updated along with galleries of printables, desktop and phone wallpapers. There's new stuff added every week! You can join the list here.