2017's Theme: Rejoicing in Beauty
Happy New Year, friends!
Whether you've made big plans for the year or you're keepin' on keepin' on with the same routine and goals as last year, I hope your 2017 has started off beautifully.
I'm not really a "New Years Resolution" kinda gal, mostly because I'm constantly reviewing and planning and setting intentions, at any time of the year. You probably don't need me to tell you that despite all my best laid plans, 2016 was a rough one for me in some ways, with a lot of upheaval and moving on to Plan B...nope, make that G. It always works like that, and somehow I always forget.
So this year, inspired by a friend of mine (you know who you are!), I'm setting a theme for the year as a whole, to help focus my efforts no matter which letter of the alphabet plan I'm on.
I'm kicking off this new year with an intention, no matter what comes in the new year, to rejoice in beauty.
- This year, I want to put my focus on the joy of seeing and recreating the beauty I see in the world.
- To relish the messy process of sharing that beauty no matter what plans change and how the year looks.
- To encourage you to see beauty in everything and rejoice in it in your own creative way.
- To focus more on the joy of using colors and shapes, patterns and lines, than on the final product and whether it will be successful.
- To grow as an artist and take joy in whatever awkwardly beautiful transitions and changes that means.
What does that mean for what I'll be sharing?
This year I plan on sharing a lot more of:
- what inspires me (and will hopefully inspire you, too!)
- my process sketches (pretty or not)
- live warm-up drawings to get you involved, too (like I did on Periscope last year)
I hope you'll follow along (and participate with me!) as I learn and grow and rejoice.
Do you have a theme for your year? I'd love to hear it!